The presentation from Jeff of the ISL and Rose Bowl Aquatics in California needs to be purchased for $0. So, you need to make a login, do the checkout, and then eventually get to the link to the presentation.
His suggestions on governance and bylaws include:
USA Swimming should increase the requirement for holding a swim club charter.
Perhaps USA Swimming can make two different levels so that the feeder programs / novice type teams are treated with a different set of expectations from the more competitive clubs.
- The issue: Everything wants to do everything!
- Issue: Watering down the talent level.
- Issue: Too many teams.
- Issue: Revolving door for coaches. Not the right mentorships.
Seeking support for coaches from USA Swimming:
- Issue: Can three parents get together and fire a head coach?
- Vacation details and breaks should be part of the structure and understanding of the teams.
Get coaches protected within the club structure.
- Issue: Benefits: Health Insurance, 401k.